Friday, July 17, 2009

Traditional and Unique Reception Decorating Ideas

Fall is a beautiful time of year to have a wedding, I should know, mine is scheduled for October 2010. Depending on where you live, the weather is mild and the color changes are awe inspiring.

I have looked through hundreds of books, tons of websites, and spoken to many friends, as I'm sure any bride-to-be does, in search of ideas for reception themes and colors. Every bride wants her wedding to be unique as well as a reflection of herself and her partner. Personally, I have
been looking into traditional décor with a little flair. I'm a DIY kind of girl, in my own eyes, my wedding won't be personal to me unless I have a hand in it, or I hand craft it myself.

Champagne Theme: If you're looking for a classic style and theme combination, a champagne theme is always fresh and sophisticated. Champagne color1 is a slightly off-white, light golden color, the same as your favorite bottle of bubbly, and it matches perfectly with pure white as a color pair for your reception.

To take it a step further, think tiny bubbles when designing your reception decorations. For your centerpieces, consider white flowers in a vase with glass beads. Glass beads create a strong base to hold up flowers, and you can use an up light to brighten2 up the arrangement and really make it sparkle. If you're going to use candles, remember that gel candles are ideal in keeping with your theme because they form with bubbles. Try to find gel candles contained inside champagne flutes, and if you can't, you can always buy a kit and make them yourself. I'm sure everyone has received the email about the dangers posed by gel candles and I can assure you, they are no more dangerous3 than regular wax candles, and About.com can verify.

Keep your linens within the champagne color family as well. Beside your necessary linens like tablecloths and napkins, you can use tulle to tie bows4 on the backs of chairs and sachets5 for rice or favors.

The versatility of a champagne theme reception is in the matching of utensils and place settings. Silver or gold silverware will compliment your shimmering décor, along with your cake stand, champagne buckets, and cake cutters.

"Article provided by April Barr"

No comments: