10-12 Months Before:
- Pick out the engagement ring (if not yet selected).
- Announce your engagement.
- Discuss wedding plans and budget with fiancée and all parents.
- Select your best man, groomsmen, ushers (one usher per 40 guests).
8-9 Months Before:
- Meet with officiant to discuss the ceremony.
- Start compiling your guest list.
- Begin making your honeymoon travel plans.
6 Months Before:
- Visit gift registry with fiancée.
- Arrange for transportation to ceremony, and to reception, for the wedding party.
- Complete your honeymoon plans.
- Register with nearest Tuxedo shop and pick your tuxedos and accessories.
3 Months Before:
- Return to your tuxedo shop and get fitted for your tuxedo.
- Complete the guest list.
- Pick out and order wedding rings.
- Plan rehearsal dinner with parents.
- Choose gifts for your bride and wedding party.
1 Month Before:
- Make sure all men have been measured for tuxedos. Get your marriage license.
- Arrange to move belongings to your new home.
2 Weeks Before:
- Attend bachelor party (please keep it clean you will have to explain).
- Adjust insurance policies, bank accounts, utilities, etc.
The Week Before:
- Pick up your tuxedo remember, try it on, in the store, to insure a proper fit.
- Pack for the honeymoon.
- Get cash for gratuities and officiant's fee.
- Take a deep breath... you're almost there.
- Enjoy your rehearsal and dinner.
The Big Day:
- Double-check all details, wedding rings, and transportation... marriage license.
- Get to the ceremony on time.
- Relax and Enjoy your wedding!